The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s central bank, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at its Headquarters, Dar es Salaam.
Terms of Contract: Contract for an Unspecified Period of Time
Reports to: Head of Division.
Location: Head Office – Directorate of Economic & Policy Research
To maintain enterprise warehouse and business intelligence solutions and to make sure that data architecture, data warehousing and business intelligence support are successfully delivered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
a) Coordinating data warehouse development, migration of data through manual or ETL processes, revision and update of data marts and cubes, procedure development, troubleshooting, system configuration, security administration and account setup;
b) Installing, developing and upgrading data warehouse system and performing routine systems administration maintenance activities;
c) Developing data models and data maps for data warehouse system;
d) Developing processes and applications for migration/transformation of data from business systems to the data warehouse system;
e) Developing and maintaining data marts, data cubes, queries and reports;
f) Providing assistance to end users and programmers on data warehouse related problems and issues;
g) Initiating processes and documentation of corporate data warehousing system and developing procedures to ensure security and integrity of data;
h) Managing end-user accounts and accessibility and providing technical support to end-users;
i) Coordinating and scheduling tests and upgrades to the data warehouse system;
j) Researching and evaluating software, system upgrades and enhancements and providing technical recommendations;
k) Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the head of division.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field will be an added advantage.
· Professional certification i.e. certification in Database Administration or Systems design and Development.
· Certification in Oracle Database Administration tools, or PL/SQL Programming, or UNIX shell scripting OCP.
· Three years’ work experience in Data Warehouse and BI Implementation, or Oracle Database Administration, or Systems Development.
· Experience in relational structures and dimensional data modeling structured query language (SQL) skills and Data Warehousing reporting techniques.
· Proven analytical skills.
· Good team player.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit the following for consideration of the applications:
a) An application letter and a detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
b) Certified copies of academic /professional certificates, birth certificates and other relevant certificates;
c) Certification letter from Tanzania Commission for Universities (for those who studied outside Tanzania).
d) Names and addresses of two reputable referees;
e) Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Application should be addressed to:
Deputy Governor (AIC),
Bank of Tanzania,
P. O. Box 2939,
Dar es Salaam
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 21st November, 2012 at 4.30 p.m.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted